Photography Basics Workshop
- Get to Know Your Camera!
|Learn the basics of your camera and put the theory into practice in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. Understand how your camera works so you can confidently switch off “Auto” and take more creative photos!
|Experience level: Beginner / Confused / Rusty!
Max. participants: 5
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: $200 (tea/coffee, light refreshments and worksheets included)
Location: Bright, Victoria, Australia (Venue TBC)
|What topics will be covered?
||• Understanding ISO, aperture and shutter speed
• Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or Manual Mode?
• Understanding Depth of Field
• Should I shoot in RAW or JPEG?
• Lenses: understanding what you have and what’s available
• Long exposures – tripods, vibration reduction, filters
• The impact of the sun’s location
• Getting a straight horizon every time
• Using the Histogram and highlight identification
|What should you bring?
||• Your camera
• Fully charged battery (and a spare if available)
• Lenses (whatever lenses you have!)
• A spare memory card
• Remote shutter release (optional)
• Polarising filter and ND Filters (optional)
• Your camera’s instruction manual (essential)
• Suitable clothing for the weather forecast (please check! It gets very cold here!)
• Sturdy, comfortable shoes
• Notepad and pen
To be released post COVID-19 pandemic