Composition in Landscape Photography
|What makes a pleasing landscape photo?
What is Visual Communication?
How do we “read” images of landscapes, and what makes one photo “more effective” than another one?
Join Mieke for a focused discussion of the most effective compositional tools for landscape photography, and learn how to incorporate these into your own photographs through a range of hands-on practical activities incorporating the beautiful scenery at Feathertop Winery!
|Experience level: Intermediate / Advanced
Max. participants: 5
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: $200 (tea/coffee, light refreshments, and worksheets included)
Location: Feathertop Winery, 6619 Great Alpine Road, Porepunkah, VIC 3740
|What topics will be covered?
||• Composing high-impact landscape images
• Making your landscape photos stand out from the crowd
• Visual communication and how we “read” images
• The impact of light and dark areas
• Achieving a balanced image
• Symmetry, Rule of Thirds, Patterns etc
• “De-cluttering” your images
• The impact of lens selection
• How to convey meaning through your work
|What should you bring?
||• Your DSLR / mirrorless camera
• Fully charged battery (and a spare if available)
• A spare memory card
• A sturdy tripod (optional, but recommended)
• Remote shutter release (optional, but recommended)
• Polarising filter and ND Filters (optional, but recommended)
• Your camera’s instruction manual (essential)
• Suitable clothing for the weather forecast (please check! It gets very cold here!)
• Sturdy, comfortable shoes
• Notepad and pen
To be released post COVID-19 pandemic
Note: a camera with manual settings, and a good understanding of those settings
(ISO, aperture and shutter speed) are pre-requisites for this Workshop.
If you need assistance with the camera basics, please consider joining me for my “Photography Basics“ course first.